Medical Blister Packaging
Walter Drake designs and manufactures immaculate and fully traceable custom thermoformed clamshells, trays and blisters for use as medical packaging containers.
Our ISO 9001-2000 compliant quality assurance program and, when appropriate, our Class 1000 (ISO Class 6) clean room, provide the medical packaging containers that keep your devices safe and the quality records that keep your medical packaging program fully traceable.
We are a full service shop that will drive your medical packaging project throughout the entire process, from package design — to tooling and manufacturing — to quality assurance protocols — to timely shipment.
Medical Packaging - Design
- Our custom package designs will meet your need for fit & function:
- the manner in which your product is held and protected in medical packaging
- how your medical packaging will be closed or sealed
- will your medical packaging require sterilization
- does your medical packaging need to stack, will there be automated handling requirements, etc.
- We will advise on the raw material selection to assure the performance of your medical packaging containers:
- the appropriate chemistry for barrier properties, chemical compatibility or future sterilization
- the appropriate gauge for suitable function at minimum cost
- consideration of recycled vs. laminated vs. virgin materials for minimum cost and participation in sustainable packaging initiatives
- we are accustomed to converting difficult materials into fully certified parts
Medical Packaging – Quality Assurance
- We will create the production protocols and quality assurance elements that your medical packaging may need:
- Class 1000 (ISO Class 6) clean room capabilities
- specific tolerances and in-process inspection fixtures
- secondary packaging, labeling requirements, and more
- We operate a fully documented and traceable ISO 9001-2000 compliant quality assurance program
Contact us for Medical Packaging Needs
Not all decisions are difficult — a call to Walter Drake Inc. is easy. Call or contact to ask about custom thermoformed medical packaging — You’ll be glad you did.