Plastic Clamshell Packaging
Walter Drake is well known for its design and manufacture of visually interesting and functional plastic clamshell packaging. Plastic clamshell packaging is an excellent and widely used solution for applications that range from general merchandise packaging to high-performance medical packaging and electronics packaging.
Walter Drake's custom package design, raw material selection and an ISO 9001-2000 compliant quality assurance program deliver the right thermoformed plastic clamshell — with the right performance — at the right price.
To solve a wide range of visual and technical requirements, consider:
Custom Plastic Clamshell Packaging - Design
- Custom clamshell package designs that range from straightforward single-cavity — to highly sculpted multi-cavity — to separate front and back cavities — to partial front/partial back cavities, all providing see-through plastic packaging
- Custom plastic clamshell functionality that offers holding features within a cavity such as shaped cavities to trap movement, press fit dimensions to control movement and under-cuts for snap-in control
- Plastic clamshell, tri-fold or multi-hinge structures that provide visual interest, but more importantly, design flexibility for hard to achieve functionality
- Plastic clamshell container accented with custom insert trays of similar, or dissimilar, materials to deliver visual interest and/or product holding function
- Plastic clamshell packaging with unexpected perimeter shapes to visually stand out on the crowded retail shelf
- Plastic clamshell packaging with functional and reliable closing features that eliminate the need for costly RF sealing
- Custom plastic clamshell container with up-scale embossing or engraving of your Company’s name, product name, logo, part number, etc.
Plastic Clamshell Packaging – Ultra Clean or Static Dissipative
When it comes to critical medical, pharmaceutical and electronic packaging applications that demand more from plastic clamshells than appearance, Walter Drake is a leader in providing two vital capabilities — Class 1000 (ISO Class 6) clean room production and conductive and static dissipative (ESD) packaging.
At the end of the day, it is Walter Drake’s skilled staff, technologically advanced production facility and robust quality assurance program that will deliver your plastic clamshell container on time, within spec and at the lowest prices.
Not all decisions are difficult — a call to Walter Drake Inc. is easy. Call or contact us to ask about plastic clamshell packaging — You’ll be glad you did.
What is a Plastic Clamshell?
A plastic clamshell is a one-piece package comprised of two halves joined together by a hinge area allowing the structure to join and close. Plastic clamshells are sometimes called blister packs although there are differences as we note below. Plastic clamshells are named after the shell of a clam because it is very similar in form and function.
A blister pack is a pre-formed plastic package often used for small consumer goods and pharmaceutical products.
The main feature of a blister pack is its custom cavity and perimeter flange molded from a formable web of plastic. A blister pack will have a paperboard, plastic or specialty foil lid stock sealed to its flanges. A blister pack that folds onto itself is sometimes referred to as a clamshell package.